Comment on page
Professional Development Buddy Role
<This page is currently under revision>
How long is my commitment?
- Last for 6- 8 months
- Start of Full stack course to the end of Final Projects
Who will I be supporting?
- Trainees on the Full stack Course
What do I need to do with my Buddies?
- Keep track of changes or difficulties in their personal circumstances in an individual session
- Keep track of their professional development through checking weekly coursework assignments
- Keep track of their learning progress through discussion in a group session
How frequently do I need to meet with my Buddies?
- Meet each buddy for 30 mins once during every module (3 weeks)
- These Trainees will stay with you for the duration of the course
How frequently do I need to facilitate group sessions?
- Facilitate a group session with trainees to discuss their learning goals and learning progress at least once during every module (3 weeks)
- You will start with your group of Buddies and work with them for 2 months
- Then you will get a new group to work with in group sessions
- They will rotate every 2 months so you can get to know a number of Trainees
- You can decide with your PD team how the rotation will work
What else do I need to do?
- Monitor their professional development through checking weekly coursework assignments on Google Classroom (check at least 3 days after assignment has been handed in)
- Assignments will be due on Friday night 9pm.
- Please check for completion and give some feedback by the following Tuesday.
- Update the student tracker with any changes to personal circumstances you learn in your the individual Buddy sessions
- Meet with the other PD buddies to discuss and plan progress
- Deliver at least one Saturday class